09 Aug Asian Style Meatballs with Rice Noodles
If you love Asian cuisine like I do, and need an easy and quick dinner recipe, look no further, these Asian Style Meatballs with Rice Noodles is what you need for a stress-free weeknight meal. This dish is neither traditional nor authentic, but still better and healthier than any takeout. Try it yourself and tell me what you think!
I always thought of meatballs as an authentic Italian dish that comes with Marinara sauce and pasta. That was far before I started to explore different cuisines and cultures. Now I know that they could be simmered in a creamy white sauce, and that’s Swedish meatballs. Cook them with tangy teriyaki and udon noodles, and you’ll get Japanese inspired dish. Not to mention boiling meatballs with potato and veggies, and voila – traditional Eastern European soup. And that’s what I love about cooking. It gives you infinite possibilities to get creative and immerse yourself in different cultures using the same simple ingredients. This is an incredible journey that never gets old.
These meatballs are packed with delicious ginger, garlic, and green onion and then tossed with rich umami sauce. Yummy!
The other great thing about Asian Style Meatballs with Rice Noodles is that you only need 30 minutes to cook them. Yes, that’s right, you’re just half an hour away from a delicious and deeply satisfying homemade meal. That’s why it’s a perfect addition to your stress-free weeknight dinner menu.
TIP: You can easily save these meatballs for later use. Place them on a tray and freeze for 2 hours. Then transfer to a plastic bag and keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
If you’re looking for more Asian noodle recipes, try my Roasted Cauliflower Japanese Style Noodles. Let me know what you think about it!
For the meatballs:
- ground beef – 1/2 lb.
- ground pork – 1/2 lb.
- bread crumbs – 1/3 cup
- egg – 1
- green onion – 1/4 cup chopped
- garlic – 2 cloves minced
- grated ginger – 1 teaspoon
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- sesame oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- white pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
For the Asian Glaze:
- Hoisin Sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce – 2 tablespoon
- Sriracha – 1 tablespoons
For the Nuoc Cham sauce:
- water – 4 tablespoons
- seasoned rice vinegar – 3 tablespoons
- fish sauce – 2 tablespoon
- lime juice – 1 tablespoon
- sugar – 1 tablespoon
- small chili pepper – 1 thinly sliced
- shredded veggies – 1/2 cup carrot, cucumber, etc.
- jalapeno – 1 thinly sliced
- cilantro – small bunch
- sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a large bowl mix beef, pork, breadcrumbs, green onions, egg, ginger, garlic, sesame. Season with salt and pepper, then mix with your hands until combined.
- Lay a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using wet hands, shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 7 minutes, then flip them with a fork and bake for additional 8-10 minutes
- White the meatball are baking, bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles and cook them on medium heat for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain and briefly rinse with cold water to keep from sticking. And divide between serving bowls.
- In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the Asian Glaze. Set aside
- In another mixing bowl, whisk the ingredients for the Nuoc Cham sauce. Save for later.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and toss with the Asian Glaze.
- Place the meatball over rice noodles and garnish with the shredded veggies, jalapeno, and cilantro. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Drizzle the dish with the Nuoc Cham sauce and serve immediately.
KendraPosted at 12:41h, 11 August
Oh my goodness!! Adding this to my dinner recipe list! This seriously looks so good!
Tiffany SPosted at 16:27h, 11 August
This looks AMAZING!! I absolutely love rice noodles so I was sold on that! Haha
SophiePosted at 20:10h, 11 August
Okay this looks soooo good!