01 Mar Spiced Buttery Pear Mini-Cakes with Whipped Cream
At Viva La Food, we think that pear is one of the best fruits for baking. That’s why we already posted a few exceptional desserts where pear shines in all its glory. For example, Fantastic Chocolate Pear Cake is one of our latest creations. We know you’ll love it from the first bite. Granted our love for this beautiful fruit, we decided to create one more dessert. This time it’s buttery, perfect for any season, Pear Mini-Cakes recipe.
In these mini cakes, we used only whole spices and fresh ginger and made all the difference. We encourage you to use fresh ingredients and freshly ground spices whenever you can. It might be just a little more time consuming, but it will dramatically elevate the taste of your dishes.
TIP: Note that such tender desserts always taste amazing when slightly warm and topped with whipped cream or homemade ice cream.
Buttery Pear Mini-Cakes
- medium pear – 1
- coconut oil spray or any other oil to grease a muffin pan
- light brown sugar – 4 teaspoons
- butter – 1 stick or 4 oz
- sugar – 1/2 cup
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- eggs – 2
- all-purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- ground nutmeg – 1/4 teaspoon
- ground cardamom – 1/4 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- milk – 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon
- whipped cream – for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the peak into 1/3 inch thick round slices. You’ll need only 4 of them.
- Spray the jumbo muffin pan with the coconut spray or grease well with oil.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of light brown sugar over muffin forms, a total of 4. Place 1 pear slices into each of 4 sugar sprinkled forms.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream together the butter, sugar, and salt, until light and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time, mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and ground spices.
- Combine the butter mixture with the flour, mix well.
- Pour in the milk and vanilla extract, stir well.
- Remove the pears from the oven and let cool.
- Spoon the even amount of batter over the roasted pears.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the mini-cakes from the oven and let cool for 4-5 minutes. Then invert onto a tray. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream.