18 Jan Delicious Mediterranean Salmon Niçoise Salad
Here on Viva La Food, we don’t have many salad recipes, but we’re about to change that. Today we prepared for you one of our favorite – Salmon Niçoise Salad. Instead of traditional canned or seared tuna, we used juicy roasted salmon, and it tastes absolutely fantastic! Because the salmon is a star of this dish. The main secret is to cook the fish to that perfect point when it’s cooked trough but still has that luscious texture. Usually, that happens 5 minutes before most people decide to remove it from the oven. Unfortunately, majority of people tend to overcook the salmon horribly, but no worries we got you covered. We wrote an instruction for you, and this time your salmon well be excellent.
Most of the time a salad is just a starter, but this Salmon Niçoise can be a full meal. It has a lot of healthy protein and veggies. Serve it with your favorite greens, and you’ll get a delicious and perfectly healthful dish. It’s also great for parties because you can arrange it on a big platter and people can mix and match the ingredient right on their plates.
TIP: Make this salad a little more fun, instead of regular small potato try purple one. You can also add some cappers and anchovies to boost that umami flavor.
Delicious Salmon Niçoise Salad
- salmon fillet – 1 lb.
- olive oil – 2 teaspoons
- salt – to taste
- small potatoes – 6 oz
- green beans – 4 oz
- large eggs – 2
- medium tomatoes – 3
- kalamata olives – 1/3 cup
- medium cucumber – 2
- extra virgin olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Dijon mustard –
- freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- salt – to taste
- fresh parsley – 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan and add cold water to cover by 1″.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the saucepan. Pat-dry them.
- Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 6 minutes to hard-boil.
- Remove from the heat, let to cool, and peel.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Brush the salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Wrap the fillet with parchment paper and place it in a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and let cool.
- Cook the beans in a pan of boiling salted water until bright green and crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Then place them in a bowl with ice water to stop the cooking process
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Quarter the eggs, potatoes, and tomatoes; slice the cucumbers.
- Using a fork, break salmon into large pieces; discard skin.
- Arrange the salmon on the platter, surround it with the potato, tomatoes, beans, cucumber, olives, and eggs. Drizzle with a half on the dressing
- Top the salad with chopped parsley.
- Serve with fresh greens and the remaining dressing on the side.
Pingback:Best 25 Salmon Nicoise Salad Recipe - Best Round Up Recipe CollectionsPosted at 23:46h, 02 October
[…] Best Salmon Nicoise Salad Recipe from Delicious Salmon Niçoise Salad Viva La Food Recipe. Source Image: annavoloshyna.com. Visit this site for details: annavoloshyna.com […]
LuciePosted at 14:25h, 06 April
I just made this an added a pinch of thyme and diced shallots to the dressing. It is so simple and delicious! Thank you for sharing
Anna VoloshynaPosted at 16:07h, 06 April
I bet your dressing was incredibly flavorful and aromatic. I am happy you liked this dish 🙂