17 Feb Hummus and Fried Tomatoes Bruschetta
As you may notice, we are in love with bruschetta because it’s a perfect appetizer and a great snack option. Besides, it’s always exciting to play with different ingredients and experiment with new recipes. That’s why we decided to create a vegetarian version that will have a uniquely robust flavor of fresh herbs and veggies.
Very happy; these Hummus and Fried Tomatoes bruschetta came out so delicious. As always, we tested a new recipe on our friends, and they loved it a lot! We served these bruschettas at a wine party, and they were an absolute hit! All of them were gone in a few minutes. Which is the best sign of culinary success =)
For this recipe, you can use either homemade or store-bought hummus. But you know we always recommend cooking from scratch whenever you can, especially when it’s something so simple as hummus. You’ll be surprised how much it’ll transform your dishes’ taste, besides your diet will become much healthier because you’ll from ingredients you choose by yourself.
Hummus and Fried Tomatoes Bruschetta
- rustic baguette – 1 sliced into half-inch-thick slices
- olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- mini heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes – 1/2 lb halved
- garlic – 1 clove finely chopped
- fresh basil – 6-8 leaves
- freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon or to taste
- hummus – 8 oz
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brush one side of each slice with olive oil and place olive oil side down on a baking sheet
- Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly golden and crispy.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil on a medium skillet.
- Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and remove from the heat.
- Spread each bread slice with a generous tablespoon of hummus and top with tomatoes.