03 Jul Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing
I wanted to post this Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing recipe before the 4th of July because I think this dish goes exceptionally well with grilled meat and fish. The beauty of these zucchinis is that they can be a lovely side dish or a completely independent vegetarian main coarse. It’s up for you do decide.
Since I don’t have access to a grill right now, so I pan-fried these bad boys. But if you’re among those lucky people who can enjoy a backyard BBQ, you can grill your zucchinis, and the result will be delightful. Also, if you want to add a pop of color and some subtle acidity, try putting a handful of chopped ripe tomatoes on top. Drizzle everything with some nice extra virgin oil and you got yourself a perfect summer meal.
If you like this Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing and looking for more 4th of July recipe ideas, check this Smashed Potato with Zesty Tarragon Dressing and Georgian-Style Vegetable Salad With Walnut Dressing.
Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing
- 3 small or medium-small zucchini
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic 1 unpeeled and crushed, 1 peeled and minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon dill minced
- 1 tablespoon mint minced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise and score the flesh with a paring knife in a crosshatch pattern. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and leave for 10 minutes to drain the access moisture. Pat dry zucchini with a paper towel until completely dry.
- Heat the oil in a large Hestan NanoBond skillet until hot and shimmering. Lower the heat to medium and place the zucchini on a skillet cut side down. Fry for 7 to 8 minutes or until crispy and then turn on the other side. Add 1 clove of unpeeled crushed garlic and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the zucchini until completely soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Then remove from the heat and transfer to paper towel-lined plate to blot excess oil.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, minced garlic, herbs, black pepper, and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Arrange zucchini on a serving platter and drizzle with the yogurt dressing or serve it on the side.
Tag @annavoloshynacooks on Instagram and hashtag it #annavoloshynacooks
Pingback:Draniki - 3-Ingredients Crispy Potato Pancakes - Viva La FoodPosted at 15:06h, 13 July
[…] If you’re looking for more vegetarian recipes you should definitely check out this beautiful Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing. […]
Pingback:Juicy Georgian-style Chicken Tabaka - Viva La FoodPosted at 13:05h, 20 July
[…] you might want to serve with this chicken: Simple Smashed Potato with Zesty Tarragon Dressing, Pan-Fried Zucchini with Yogurt Dressing, Georgian-style Vegetable Salad With Walnut Dressing. These dishes will be enough to throw a cozy […]