24 Aug Quick Thyme and Potato Focaccia
Making beautiful soft focaccia at home is easier than you might think. It requires zero cooking skills and very little prep. For this Quick Thyme and Potato Focaccia, I used two bags of store-bought fresh pizza dough and it worked out amazing. I just placed the dough in a baking dish and let it rest and proof one more time for one hour. Then dimpled it with my fingers, drizzled with olive oil, and arranged thinly sliced small potato and fresh thyme. So easy! After an hour of baking, I got a beautiful golden brown focaccia for dinner. I highly recommend this recipe, just try to get good quality organic dough for the best result. Enjoy!
Easy Thyme and Potato Focaccia
- 2 pounds store-bought plain pizza dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pounds small potato, thinly sliced Yukon Golden, Yellow, or Creamer
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Line a 9-inch x 12-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Brush the parchment paper with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Place the dough in the baking dish and using your hands, gently press and pull to evenly spread it in the baking dish. Cover the dish with a kitchen towel and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Dimple the dough with your fingers all over the surface. Slightly drizzle it with olive oil and top with thinly sliced potato. Drizzle with some more oil, and sprinkle with salt and thyme. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the focaccia is golden brown and potato on top is crispy.
Note: This recipe is sponsored by The Little Potato Company 🙂