01 Jul Seared Peaches with Greek Yogurt and Almonds
Seared Peaches with Greek Yogurt is one of those recipes that takes minutes to make, but as a result, you get a restaurant-quality dish. I mean, who wouldn’t be impressed with beautifully caramelized peaches topped with tangy yogurt and drizzled with honey? I think it’s one of the simplest yet elegant desserts to celebrate stone fruit season and warm summer weather. It’s also an ultimate crowd pleaser and a great dish to make for your 4th of July celebration or backyard BBQ, minimum effort – maximum result!
If you’re planning to make these Seared Peaches with Greek Yogurt someday soon, I suggest you getting very ripe yellow peaches. In my opinion, yellow peaches work better than the white ones, and than nectarines. Ideally, they should be already soft, juicy, and sweet. Only with these three qualities together you’ll get perfectly caramelized soft peaches, which will be absolutely irresistible.
In terms of toppings, this time, I decided to stay on a healthier side and use greek yogurt. Plus, the tanginess that comes from the greek yogurt works excellent with delicate honey and luscious fruits. You can also play with temperature and texture and serve these hot peaches with a scoop of frozen yogurt, which in my opinion, will be even better. To be fair, vanilla ice cream would taste amazing as well, so the final choice is up to you!
If you like this dessert you might also enjoy my Strawberry-Rhubarb Galette with Buckwheat Crust and Light Kefir Panna Cotta. Both of these recipes are amazing for summer dinners and celebrations.
Seared Peaches with Greek Yogurt
- 4 ripe peaches halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter or ghee
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- fresh oregano mint, or thyme, optional
- In a large skillet melt the butter or ghee over medium heat. Sprinkle the peaches halves with brown sugar and arrange on the skillet cut side down.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the peaches start to caramelize. Turn them on the other side and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Cook for 2 more minutes until the peaches are completely soft.
- Transfer the peaches to a serving plate and top with yogurt mixed with honey. Top with more honey and a few sprigs of fresh herbs right before serving.
Tag @annavoloshynacooks on Instagram and hashtag it #annavoloshynacooks