29 Dec Slavic Crepes with Chicken and Mushrooms
Posted at 17:35h in Appetizers, Main dishes 0 Comments
Crepes with Chicken and Mushrooms
For the batter:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 oz unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoon any neutral cooking oil for frying
For the filling:
- 10 oz ground chicken
- 5 1/2 oz mushrooms thinly sliced
- 4 1/2 oz yellow onion chopped
- 1 oz green onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- a few long stalks of green onion for serving
- 2 tablespoon any neutral cooking for frying
- black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. In a big bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well mixed. Beat in the flour mixture until smooth. An old-school whisk will do the job just fine. But if you have an immersive blender, it will make the batter even smoother. Then stir in 3 tablespoons of the melted butter. Cover with a plastic wrap and leave rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large sauté pan. Add the chicken and sauté until cooked all the way through and no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Make sure to bread large chunks with a spatula as the chicken cooks. Transfer the chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook until the onion is opaque for about 5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook, covered with the lid. Stir the mixture frequently, and cook for about 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked all the way through.
- Add the chicken to the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Stir in the sour cream and adjust the seasoning. Transfer the chicken-mushroom filling into a medium bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the crepes. Gently stir the batter with a whisk if it separates. Heat a 10-inch non-stick or crepe pan over medium-high heat until really hot. Cover the pan with a thin layer of oil, and pour a small amount of batter. Rotate the pan to spread the batter as thinly as possible. Cook over moderate heat until lightly browned on the edges, about 1 minute. Loosen the edges with a spatula and flip over the crepe. Cook on the other side for about 20 seconds. Transfer the crepe to a platter. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To assemble the crepes, place about two tablespoons of filling on the center of the crape, and then shape it as a beggar’s purse. Secure the top with a piece of a long green onion. Just wrap it around and tie it into a loose knot.