24 Nov Spinach Pkhali – Favorite Georgian Spread
Posted at 18:07h in Sauces & spreads 1 Comment
- 1/2 pounds baby spinach
- 2 cups mixed soft herbs cilantro, dill, parsley
- 2/3 cups walnut halves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes, until soft. Fish the spinach out of the pot and place it in a large collander. Put it under cold running water until cool enough to handle. Squeeze the spinach with your hands to remove excess liquid. Place it in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, in a food possessor, pulse the cilantro, parsley, walnuts, and garlic until finely chopped. Add the spinach and process for about 30 to 60 seconds, or until smooth.
- Season to taste with the vinegar and spices.
- Serve the pkhali right away or refrigerate until needed. Georgians say it’s always better the next day!
Andrea caruso- berkowitzPosted at 06:39h, 15 April
What do you serve this with?