05 Apr Squid Ink Pasta with Scallops in Creamy Sauce
Posted at 13:41h in Main dishes 1 Comment
This pasta is one of those marvelous dishes that look gorgeous, but take less than 30 minutes to make. I don’t want to write to much about it let’s just dive in right into cooking. If you don’t have squid ink pasta, it’s no problem, use any type of spaghetti that’s in your pantry. Oh, maybe just one more thing – don’t overcook your scallops!
Squid Ink Pasta with Scallops in Creamy Sauce
- 1/2 pounds squid ink pasta can be substituted with regular spaghetti
- 1 pound fresh scallops rinsed and pat dried with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 strips of uncured bacon thinly sliced, (about 1/4 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh tarragon chopped
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- a few lemon wedges for serving optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente according to the package instruction, approximately 10 to 11 minutes. Drain the spaghetti when they are cooked, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Preheat 1 tablespoon of oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, fry scallops until opaque and golden on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside until needed.
- In the same pan fry the sliced bacon until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Then pour in the wine and simmer over medium-low heat for a few minutes, until the alcohol evaporates. Add the heavy cream and tarragon; cook stirring until the sauce thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and scallops to the sauce and mix well to coat. Cook for 1 minute. Add the reserve pasta water if you want to make the sauce thinner.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Dervla Nelissen-LimPosted at 11:09h, 17 February
Delicious!! I added a couple of prawns each for fun and left out the bacon as we were having a meat-free day. The lemon wedges should definitely be used (we squeezed them over the pasta) because they really do add a lovely zing to the dish. My husband gave me 10/10 😀