09 Nov Thanksgiving Easy Chocolate Tart
Easy Thanksgiving Chocolate Tart
- Honey Graham crackers – 9
- butter – 5 tablespoons
- granulated sugar – 1 tablespoon
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – 8 oz.
- heavy cream – 1 1/4 cups
- large eggs – 2
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
- whipped cream – for decoration optional
- candied pumpkin – for decoration optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine the crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Purse until they firm the mixture is thick and coarse, like wet sand.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a rectangular tart pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a small saucepan bring the heavy cream to a boil. Remove from the heat and mix in the chocolate chips. Stir well until the chocolate melts and the mixture becomes smooth and glossy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and salt; whisk until combined.
- Pour the filling into a pie shell. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven let cool completely, and then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When the pie is chilled, remove it from the pan and garnish with the whipped cream and candied pumpkin.